Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Preparing for Leaving, Waiting & Feeling

With one month to go, I have decided to reinvest time and posts to this blog. It will serve as a record of my experiences & mode of communication with all of my friends back here in the U.S., and hopefully also a journal of my journey through this amazing world.

It's strange to be leaving so soon. I finally feel at peace with it. For over 6 months I've been plotting, planning (sort - of) -- at least, I have been pontificating and anticipating the moment of my leave and arrival. Half of a year I will spend in pursuit of my father's language, knowing a family I left when so young. I look forward to these coming days, and making connections with the land, the people and their struggle. I hope that this time away from what is most familiar strengthens my will and my vision for life, gives me an added confidence to achieving my goals.

As of late, my mind has been scattered. I would say for about the past year I have been in an intense yet muddled mental fog, which stiltifies my passions through my own inability to have a clear mental environment. I feel that the fog is leaving, through an active reengagement with reading and focused activities. I must need cultivate focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment